Look & See – Q10

  • Originally the railway crossed Bradford Road via a Level crossing, just before Dalton Lane. After a death in 1869 a footbridge was built but it did not get used. After a further 2 fatalities Station Bridge was completed by 1879. The Station was then constructed on the Bridge itself by 1885.
  • Low Mill – Thomas Ramsden of Halifax began construction of this mill in 1776 and the work was completed by the Clayton brothers and Thomas Walshman in 1780. The machinery used in the mill was made under the direction of Sir Richard Arkwright. In the 19th century the mill was converted to worsted spinning. The building is a Grade II listed site and was the first Cotton Mill built in Yorkshire.