Look & See – Q13

Fleece Mills was an industrial complex, where Manufacturers could rent “rooms”, in the heart of Keighley. The original Fleece Mill was built by William Sugden in around 1819, and expanded throughout the 19th century, before finally being demolished in the late 1980s. The Mills boasted an underground lake and the tallest mill-chimney in Keighley. In 2016 the area is occupied by Cavendish Retail Park. The drop in levels between Hanover Street and the Car Park gives some idea of the original lie of the land in the town centre.