Look & See – Q7

The whole parade of Grade II listed shops, even nos., with it’s glass and ironwork canopy that runs its length, was built between 1899 and 1907, mainly by Cpt. Sir Tom Moore’s ancestors. As the parade was built further back than the extent of the streets this probably accounts for the extra wide pavements, so the weight of the traffic on the road was not going over the previous backfilled cellars. The canopy was replaced in the 1980s.