Sutton Park in Sutton-in-Craven was officially opened on Saturday 20th July 1912. Much of the land for the park was a bequest in the will of John William Hartley, owner of Sutton Hall, who died in 1909, with some additional land granted by the Chairman of the Parish Council, James Bairstow, in 1911. It was his wife who performed the opening ceremony.
The war memorial cross in the park was officially unveiled on 19th March 1921. Initially it commemorated local soldiers who fought in the Great War. The names of soldiers from the Second World War were added in 1950.
The colour photographs of the park were taken by Laurence Brocklesby in August 2005 and the Lilywhite Ltd. postcards were donated by Laurence.