This postcard of Haworth was posted to Aylesbury on 26th April 1905. The photograph was taken in the early 1890s. We estimate this because there is no sign of the school buildings built on Butt Lane in 1896. Ivy Bank Mill with its chimney is in the foreground, just over the bridge. Haworth Parish Church is on the crest of the hill in the distance. The postcard was published by A. E. Hall of Haworth.
The colour image shows a similar view from roughly eighty years later and is taken from a postcard published by the Keighley and Worth Valley Railway Preservation Society, photograph taken by R. Higgins.
Both postcards are from the private collection of History Society member Tim Neal. Tim’s entire collection of approximately 600 postcards can be seen on the History Society’s Flickr site.