A small set of postcards from the History Society’s archives that show the exterior and interior of the Bronte Parsonage around fifty years ago. The postcards were published by Walter Scott of Bradford in the 1960s.
Walter Scott (1878-1947) was a photographer who began publishing postcards in Bradford in the 1900s. After he died the company continued. By the 1960s the firm started producing colour postcards in an unusual 5½ ” x 4″ (139mm x 100mm) size. These Colour Series Natural Colour Postcards carried a large Walter Scott signature on the back with a small “WS” crest on the front.