Skip to content
- Become a member. Join at one of our Speakers Meetings or Events. It costs £10 a year for an individual or £15 a year for a couple. Your money helps us deliver on all of the above activities as well as discounted entry to our guest speaker meetings. The easiest way to join is to come along a little bit early to one of our monthly guest speaker talks. Alternatively we have an online payment method (which costs a little bit more because of administration costs that we have to pay) .
- Donate or lend items to our collections that we can preserve or copy. These can be photographs you have taken, booklets or leaflets on businesses or events in the area, articles you have written or research you have carried out yourself, objects made in Keighley… the list goes on!
- Help us identify and catalogue items and pictures in our collection. The best way to do this is to join Flickr.com and then visit our digital archive and add notes to the images. But also keep an eye out for the special archiving sessions that happen every few months where we go through our physical archive.
- Help us find speakers we can approach for the monthly guest speaker sessions. Perhaps it is someone you have seen speak at another event – or maybe you have your own collections or knowledge that you would be willing to talk ab out.
- Alert us, or take photographs for us, of the town and the surrounds as they change. We know time never stands still and the history of Keighley and the area keeps moving on, but it is important to keep records of that change.
- Promote the work of the History Society to other people you know and help us get more people enthused about the history of this great town.