Visit to Dalton Mills
Our chance to see the progress of the rebirth of Dalton Mills
The site of one of the first mills built in Keighley, approx 1790 by Rachel Leach and used for cotton spinning. Dalton Lane is named after her partner/mill manager Matthew Dalton.
From about 1800 the mill was owned by the Cowling Brothers and known as Cowling Mill. It was later occupied by the Claytons and others until it was demolished to make way for the new mill.
The current Mill was built in 1869 by Joseph Craven and, at the time, was one of the largest in the county.
The Mill has found a new purpose, having been used for film and TV locations, from 2004 (BBC North and South, until the most recent Limehouse Golem and To Walk |Invisble. It is also keeping to tradition in being tin renting out space to other businesses.