Happy birthday to the Bronte Parsonage and Museum which first opened its doors on the 4th of August 1928. The house was built in the 1770s as a place of residence for the minister at the adjacent St Michael and All Angels church. It was occupied by the Bronte family from 1820 to 1861. The building was gifted to the Bronte Society by Sir James Roberts in 1928 and the Society moved its museum from the upstairs of what is now the tourist information centre at the top of Main Street in Haworth. This is how the event was recorded exactly one week later in the Keighley News. The cutting is from a scrapbook of clippings collected by journalist, photographer and editor George Crowther, many of which are available on the History Society’s Flickr account.